Hey guys! Today I want to share my super easy Italian Meatball recipe.
I won’t really share food recipes too often because honestly I don’t cook actual gourmet meals a lot (eek!). My favorite go to for any meal of the day is breakfast; am I the only one? I mean, there’s nothing better than pancakes for dinner 😉
Anyway; I do love to cook, and love Italian food! So here are is this super easy recipe for Italian Meatballs you can pair with pasta, risotto, in a sub, red sauce, garlic sauce, lemon butter sauce, alone as an appetizer with dipping sauce, you name it- they go with everything!
Now, I’m not great at measuring things when I cook; I usually add ingredients to taste- but I did measure everything as I was adding last time so I could get you pretty good estimated measurements. But don’t be afraid to switch things up- if you don’t like parsley, leave it out. If you love pepper, add more. The most important measurements here are the turkey-eggs-breadcrumbs ratio and we don’t want to overdo it on the salt. Everything else, feel free to play around with depending on your taste.
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 3 medium sized minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 2/3 cup fresh chopped parsley to taste
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1/2 salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 oregano
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix until combine; do not over mix or “beat” the meat.
- Line baking pan with crisco or parchment paper.
- Divide and roll mixture into 1″ meatballs (if bigger, may need more baking time).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until fully cooked (do not overtake, they will dry out)-mine cook in exactly 28 min.
I know it seems like a lot of ingredients but if you like and cook Italian food, you probably have most of these and it’s a very easy and fast prep! I usually pair mine with pasta on a light garlic olive oil sauce and add chili flakes.
And there you have it, very yummy, juicy, go with everything Italian meatballs!
Please let me know in the comments below if you try them and how you paired them ❤