Ok everyone, I hate to admit it, but I am low key freaking out about the Coronavirus…
I live in Los Angeles County and if you’ve been following news on the virus, which I feel it’s pretty impossible to avoid, you know that California’s West Coast in general has become a largely impacted area. And of course it has! We are such a huge international hub, especially from China.
All of my surrounding stores are sold out of MANY things including hand soap, hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes, canned goods, pastas, beans, cold/flu over the counter medication, and basic toiletries. In addition, stores have noted that a single customer is not allowed to buy more than four hand cleaning/sanitizing products at a time.
But instead of spreading panic, I wanted to share with you a few things I do and take to build my immune system.
Supplements/Vitamins & Home Remedies:
- EmergenC- daily
- Echinacea- daily
- B12- I used to do weekly shots, now I do daily supplements
- Elderberry Syrup- daily
- Essential Oils- topically, internally & diffuse; let me know if you want recipe, I can link here.
- Concoction (this is what I named it): 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar, 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice, 1 tbsp raw honey- take this up to 3 times a day
I’ll note, I do this every year as I don’t do the flu shot. Nothing against shots per say, but the last time I got it, which was probably over 10 years ago, I got the flu. So I simply don’t and work on building my immune system instead. On a typical year I probably do 1-2 of the below vitamins/remedies a day if everyone around me is healthy and amp up as needed; now I’m doing all consistently.
Things I’m doing:
- Carrying Hand Sanitizer in my purse- I’ve always done this, but I am using it a lot more often now
- Washing or Sanitize my hands after touching anything or anyone that is not personally mine and I have full knowledge that it’s clean
- When arriving home from wherever, I change my clothes before I sit or have contact with any of my furniture
- Wiping down door handles, knobs and light switches at the end of each day
- Spraying the house with my DIY disinfectant spray 1-2 times
- My husband works at LAX (internal freak out), so he is leaving his shoes outside the house, and washing his uniform daily immediately when arriving at home
I am also drinking extra water, and eating at least 2-3 mandarin organs a day. I already eat quite a bit of lime and all these citruses are great sources of vitamin C.
Now, I realize some of this is bordering obsessing and compulsive but I don’t think there’s any other way around it. Just earlier my in laws dropped off their 3 year old’s car seat because she is about to go into labor any day now so I need to be able to get my nephew at a moment’s notice. So, we took the carseat apart, disinfected all surfaces and washed the cover before putting it in my car.
And of course a few other simple rules:
- Avoid touching your face
- Wash your hand often
- In general, if you are feeling sick, stay home and/or stay away from others who are sick
- Cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing
Be sure to keep yourself and loved ones informed as this virus is overdeveloping and how it may be affecting your area. And be sure to take extra precautions when traveling or attending public places.
Stay healthy everyone!